Want to empower students and cultivate a culture of digital citizenship in the age of Artificial Intelligence? Mark your calendars for a free, in person event on Saturday, October 21 from 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and be part of DigCitCon, a digital citizenship convening for administrators and education leaders. In collaboration with the Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE), and the Association of California School Administrators Region 16 (ACSA), the Instructional Technology Initiative will host this fourth annual event in person to provide administrators, teachers, parents, and the education community practical strategies and resources to support student empowerment through digital citizenship in the age of artificial intelligence.
DigCitCon aims to:
- foster digital citizenship and the ethical use of AI.
- provide practical applications of how to educate students about the ethical implications of AI, including biases, privacy concerns, and algorithmic fairness.
- promote critical thinking and awareness of the societal impact of AI systems.
Topics will include:
- Practical applications of AI in the classroom to promote student empowerment through digital citizenship and AI literacy.
- Setting the conditions for effective use of AI-infused tools and resources by providing guidance on policies on data privacy and ethical considerations when using AI.
- Understanding and teaching the 5 competencies of digital citizenship (Alert, Balanced, Engaged, Informed, and Inclusive) in relation to the advent of artificial intelligence.